Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
How Do I...
Select a Category
Civic Center & Riverwind Community Building
CTN-Coon Rapids Community TV Network
Parks & Recreation
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Sign in to Save Progress
Civic Center Policy
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
Civic Center Rental Policy
For the purpose of establishing fee charges for the use of city facilities, users are based on four classifications of priority.
The Coon Rapids City Center, located at 11155 Robinson Drive, is operated by the City of Coon Rapids. The City Center has a large banquet/meeting room, with adjacent kitchen facilities, an adjacent training room and three other meeting rooms which may be scheduled for use by community residents, civic groups, non-profit organizations and non-residents.
For the purpose of establishing fee charges for the use of city facilities, users are based on four classifications of priority.
Any event directly sponsored by the City of Coon Rapids.
Events conducted by a Coon Rapids Civic, Coon Rapids Athletic or Coon Rapids Public Organization.
Events conducted by a Coon Rapids Resident, Coon Rapids Non-Profit or Coon Rapids Business.
Events conducted by a Non-Resident.
AVAILABLE RENTAL SPACES:
1. Banquet Facility: The banquet facility is comprised of Civic Room A, Civic Room B, and Civic Room C. The facility seats up to 230 people banquet style or up to 265 auditorium style. Moveable partitions can divide the space into the three separate rooms with capacities as follows:
a. Civic Room A or B seats 80 banquet style or 100 auditorium style.
b. Civic Room C seats 60 banquet and auditorium style or 36 classroom style.
2. Arts & Craft Room: seats up to 20 comfortably at pre-arranged tables.
3. Conference Room 5: seats 12-15 around a permanent oval shaped conference room table.
4. Recreation Room: seats up to 15 comfortably at pre-arranged tables.
5. Gazebo: Seating space for up to 230 on lawn.
HOURS OF USE
1. The Civic Center is home to the Coon Rapids Senior Center Monday through Thursday during the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM and on Friday from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Civic Center rooms are available to rent to other groups during the following hours:
a. Monday –Thursday 4:30 PM – 10:00 PM
b. Friday 2:00 PM – 12:00 midnight (conference rooms until 10:00 PM only)
c. Saturday 8:00 AM – 12:00 midnight (conference rooms until 10:00 PM only)
d. Sunday 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
2. The Gazebo is available to rent:
a. Monday – Thursday 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM (2 hour rental)
b. Friday – Saturday 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM (4 hour rental
c. Sunday 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM (4 hour rental)
3. The Civic Center is closed on City holidays except for contract use or previously scheduled events.
4. Access is limited to the period of time reserved. Absolutely nothing may be set up before the rental time period. Vendors may not set up earlier unless specific written permission is granted.
The user of the Civic Center and surrounding grounds agrees to follow these rules:
1. Supervise the conduct of the members of their group. Disorderly conduct of participants is prohibited.
2. Use only spaces approved for use. The hallways and other common spaces are not included in the rental agreement and must remain clear at all times. No tables and/or equipment are allowed to be set up in this space. No loitering is allowed in this space. Violation of this policy is a violation of fire safety code.
3. No open flames or ovens that burn charcoal or wood are allowed to be brought into the building or put on the dock. They must be outside and a minimum of ten (10) feet from the exterior of the building.
4. Use of the kitchen requires a licensed caterer to be on-site during the event. The license must be issued by the State of Minnesota or a Minnesota County and provided to the Facility Coordinator no later than one month prior to the event. The caterer is required to participate in a kitchen tour with instructions a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the first event catered at the City.
5. A Coon Rapids Police Officer is required when alcohol is being served. The cost is to be paid by the contract holder.
6. The contract holder shall assume all responsibility for noise levels of their participants and noise levels shall not disturb other groups in the facility or the surrounding neighborhood. The folding walls between Civic A, B and the Training Room are sound deadening but not sound-proof.
7. All music and alcohol must stop at 12:00 A.M. on Friday and Saturday and 10:00 P.M. on other nights. All guests should be gone from the building, except those helping with clean-up. One free hour is allotted for cleanup on Friday and Saturday banquet facility rentals.
8. No items may be taped, tacked or put on any walls or ceilings in the Civic Center. Decorations are done by the contract holder and must be removed upon completion of the event. Installation of decorations may not inconvenience any other group and must be done within the period of time reserved. Draping of the ceiling is contracted by a pre-approved professional decorator only
9. No paper/metallic confetti, glitter, bird seed, decorative sand, rice or other small decorations may be used in the building or on the grounds. Balloons must be securely anchored and must remain in the rented room only. All decorations must be pre-approved by the Facility Coordinator. The City reserves the right to withhold a portion of your deposit if decorating guidelines are not followed or if excessive clean-up is required.
10. Stages, outside tents and inflatable jumping rooms are not permitted. Platforms that are less than 12 inches are permitted for head tables only and must be removed upon completion of the event.
11. Candles are allowed provided they are in an enclosed container or votive. Open flame candles are prohibited.
12. All persons and any items associated with the rental must be out of the Civic Center at the end of the rental time. No items are to be left overnight. The Civic Center is not responsible for items that have been left. All activities need to conclude at the closing time stated on the contract.
13. The Contract Holder must comply with all City ordinances, Minnesota State Statutes, Federal laws and the established rules for use which apply to authorized use of the Civic Center.
14. Illegal gambling is prohibited. Lawful gaming may only be conducted pursuant to State law and only if a lawful gaming contract has been issued by the City.
15. The contract holder shall assume all responsibility for noise levels of their participants and noise levels shall not disturb other rental groups or the surrounding neighborhood.
16. Leave spaces used in a clean, orderly fashion including replacing items removed
17. Violation of these rules may result in the forfeiture of all deposit money and/or denial of future contracts for use of the Civic Center. Denial of use does not exempt violators from possible civil or criminal prosecution under applicable City ordinances, State or Federal laws.
The group, individual, or organization using the Civic Center must provide competent adult supervision for the entire time participants are in the building or on the surrounding grounds. Children are to be under adult supervision during the entire rental time. Civic Center does not provide a room for childcare or babysitting.
JUVENILE MUSIC/DANCE PARTIES
Juvenile (age range predominately 14 – 18 years of age) parties are allowed at the Civic Center. When any group, individual or organization is using the Coon Rapids Civic Center for use of a juvenile party which is open to the public whether a fee is charged or not, the Facilities Coordinator will hire two security officers to work the event. The contract holder will be assessed an additional fee for this service (see current fee schedule for cost). In the event that the party is shut down for policy violations, the contract holder will forfeit their damage deposit. Juvenile parties must be booked at least four weeks in advance.
Any group, individual or organization using the Coon Rapids City Center agrees to indemnify and defend the City of Coon Rapids, its agents, and employees from any and all damages to facilities, equipment or other property owned by the City, its agents or employees, and further assumes all liability for any personal injuries, including death, caused by participants in the scheduled event. The contract holder will be responsible for all damages, including those in excess of the deposit, and must reimburse the City for the cost of reasonable attorneys’ fees spent to prosecute or defend a legal claim arising out of the use of the Coon Rapids City Center.
The City Center is a smoke-free building. Smoking is allowed outside the building only. This includes E-Cigarettes.
Firearms are strictly prohibited in the Civic Center.
ALCOHOL/INTOXICATING LIQUOR POLICY
1. Alcohol may be served at the Coon Rapids Civic Center Banquet Facility. Alcohol service must be contracted through one of the licensed caterers on the Coon Rapids Civic Center’s Approved Alcohol Provider list.
2. When alcohol is being served, the Facilities Coordinator will hire a Coon Rapids police officer to work the event. The contract holder will be assessed an additional fee for the police officer (see current fee schedule for cost). The police officer will be at your event for the last four hours of the event until the last person leaves on Fridays and Saturdays and the last 2 hours of the event on Sundays - Thursdays. If the end of the event extends beyond times stated in the general rules/contract, an additional hourly fee will be charged.
3. Service and consumption of alcohol is allowed only in the Civic Rooms, Training Room, and patio area - not in the hallways, corridors, restrooms, front entrance or parking lot.
4. Alcohol can only be dispensed to persons 21 years of age or older who are attending the event for which the beverage is being served. Valid identification may be requested of any persons at any time during your event. All parties consuming alcohol must conform to all City and State liquor laws.
5. No alcohol may be served after 12:00 A.M. on Friday and Saturday evenings or after 10:00 P.M. on other nights and alcohol must be removed from the building at this time. It is suggest that Last Call be at 11:30 P.M. and 9:30 P.M. respectively.
Violation of these rules may result in the denial of future contracts for use of the Civic Center and/or may result in the forfeiture of all deposit money. Denial of use does not exempt violators from possible civil or criminal prosecution under applicable City ordinances, State or Federal laws.
APPLICATION FOR USE
1. All groups not coordinated, supervised, or otherwise conducted by the City must complete the “Application & Contract for Use of City of Coon Rapids Facilities”.
2. All applications will be reviewed by the Facility Coordinator. The applicant will receive, in writing, the approval or disapproval of his/her application. If approved, the Application then becomes the Contract.
3. Residents of the City of Coon Rapids may make reservations up to eighteen months in advance. Non-residents of Coon Rapids may make reservations up to twelve months in advance.
4. Residents may not reserve the facilities for a non-resident.
5. The Facility Coordinator will assign conference rooms based on availability and size of the group.
6. The Facility Coordinator may limit the number of dates an individual or group may reserve to ensure that one group does not dominate use of a particular room or facility.
7. Rooms should be left with the same arrangement as upon arrival. Unless specific arrangements have been made, standard room set-ups will apply.
8. A contract will be denied if the Civic Center has been previously reserved or if the requested use is for an activity contrary to City ordinance. The City reserves the right to deny or cancel a contract if the regulations are violated.
9. Contracts may not be assigned, transferred or sub-let to anyone other than the person/organization making the application.
10. A contract may be canceled by the City up to the time of use when a state of emergency is declared or unsafe environmental conditions or utility services are interrupted. In these circumstances, the City assumes NO responsibility for any disruption cancellation may cause. The City will attempt to notify the applicant immediately if cancellation is necessary.
APPLICATION FOR USE OF THE BANQUET FACILITY OR BANQUET ROOMS (CIVIC A OR B, TRAINING ROOM)
• The Banquet Facility (Civic A, B, Training Room & Kitchen) will be rented as a package on Friday evenings and Saturday all day, until 6 months before any given date. Within 6 months of the date, the separate rooms may be rented individually or in any combination.
• Civic Rooms A & B and the Training Room may be rented separately on Sundays – Thursdays.
• Contract for use for the Banquet Facility or Banquet Rooms includes set up and take down of up to (29) 60” round tables, (9) 8-foot tables, (3) 6-foot tables, (18) 5’ x 1-1/2’ tables, 19 card tables and approximately 23 chairs.
For groups using the facility for no rental fee, there is no set-up or clean-up provided. Groups may move tables and chairs for their event, but MUST put them back as they found them unless prior approval is given.
Steps to reserve the Banquet Rooms:
1. Contact the Facility Coordinator to check availability of date. Obtain a rental packet in person at the Civic Center or online at www.coonrapidsciviccenter.com.
2. Return the completed Application with one-half of the rental fee
3. The Application will be processed and if approved, a contract will be filled out and signed by both the applicant and a Civic Center representative, and a confirmation letter will be sent to the applicant.
Once the room reservation has been approved, the following steps occur:
1. Approximately 4 weeks prior to the event, the contract holder must call or email to set up a time to meet with the Facility Coordinator at the Civic Center to make final arrangements and pay the balance due. (For this meeting, contract holder should know approximately how many people will attend, whether rental items such as table linens, napkins, plates, cups, etc. will be rented from the Civic Center or provided by other source and timeline of when decorator will arrive, when guest arrive, when food & alcohol will be served, etc.). The final number of attendees needs to be given to Facilities Coordinator no later than 2 weeks prior to the event.
2. On the day of the event, room set-up will be done by City staff based on agreed upon floor plan. No changes to the set up can be made after one week before the day of the event.
3. After the event, contract holder is responsible for clean-up as follows:
a. Remove decorations and all other items you have brought in. The City Center is not responsible for any items that have been left behind.
b. Pick up all trash from inside the banquet hall, hallways, outside patio, outside front entryway and parking lot. Place in trash bags and place the bags in the trash bin located on the right side of the loading dock.
c. Wipe off tables and chairs (must bring own towels, bucket and cleaning products).
d. If kitchen is rented, it must be cleaned thoroughly. Full instructions will be found in your renter’s packet as well as on the Civic Center Terms & Conditions form.
e. If rental items are rented from the Civic Center, detailed instructions on handling the items are specified in the Civic Center Terms & Conditions form.
4. Refund of damage deposit will be issued via check within 30 days after the event. If any of the damage deposit is retained, a detailed letter/email will be sent with explanation.
APPLICATION FOR USE OF THE CONFERENCE ROOMS AT THE CIVIC CENTER (ARTS & CRAFTS, CONFERENCE ROOM #5 OR RECREATION ROOM)
Steps to reserve a conference room:
1. Contact the Facility Coordinator to check availability of date. Obtain a rental packet in person at the Civic Center or online at www.coonrapidsciviccenter.com
2. Return the completed Application and Contract for Use with the rental fee plus the damage deposit fee. Rooms are not considered reserved until payment is received.
3. The Application and Contract for Use form will be processed and if approved, a signed copy will be returned to the applicant along with a confirmation letter.
Once the room reservation has been approved/confirmed, the following steps occur:
1. Day of the meeting:
a. A standard room set up will be provided. If you move tables & chairs around, please restore them to the original positions before you leave.
b. Ensure all trash is picked up and in the trash receptacles.
c. Wipe off tables & chairs if necessary.
d. Leave the room in the same or better condition than it was when you arrived.
2. Refund of damage deposit will be issued via check within 30 days after the event. If any of the damage deposit is retained, a detailed letter/email will be sent with explanation.
APPLICATION FOR USE OF THE GAZEBO
• The Gazebo may be rented separate from the Civic Center Banquet Facility as long as there is not another event taking place that day.
• Guests will have access to restroom facilities.
• The contract holder must use existing hooks when decorating the Gazebo. No nails, tacks, or tape is allowed on the Gazebo.
• Contract holder will be responsible for removal of any décor and trash.
• Contract holder may bring in their own chairs or rent chairs from the Civic Center.
• There will be NO alternate accommodation in the event of inclement weather.
• Rental fees will not be refunded unless the City cancels the use of the Gazebo due to a state of emergency, unsafe environment conditions, or utility services are interrupted.
STEPS TO RESERVE THE GAZEBO:
1. Contact the Facility Coordinator to check availability of date and time.
2. Return the Application and Contract for use of Coon Rapids Facilities along with the rental fee.
3. Discuss rental items and décor with Facility Coordinator.
Rental fees and other charges are completely refundable if the City cancels the use of the Civic Center for any reason other than violations by the user. If the contract holder requests cancellation more than forty-five (45) days before the event, a full refund will be issued if an alternate user is found. There is no refund of the rental fee if a contract holder cancels within forty-five (45) days prior to the event.
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow