- Fire Inspections
The Coon Rapids Fire Department helps apartment managers with yearly inspections to ensure the safety of residents. Fire alarm systems and carbon monoxide detectors are checked. Reminders about recreational fires and barbeque grilling safety are also discussed. The inspections are performed from May to July.
For Apartment Managers
- Review and fill out the out Apartment Manager Information Letter (PDF)
- Fill out and submit the combined Emergency Contact / Annual Smoke Detectors-Carbon Monoxide Detectors Test Report (PDF) form to ensure the Coon Rapids Fire Department has up-to-date after-hours emergency contact information
- Review the Building Numbers Handout (PDF) to make sure your building complies with address information
- Review and inform your residents of the Recreational Fire Guidelines (PDF)
- Review and inform your residents of the BBQ Grilling Guidelines (PDF) in the city of Coon Rapids
The Coon Rapids Fire Department helps businesses with yearly inspections to ensure the safety of customers and other personnel. Electrical safety, customer access, fire suppression and other safety measures are all part of the inspection process. A fire inspector visits businesses every three years and store managers conduct an inspection yearly.
For Business Owners/Managers
- Fill out the Fire & Life Safety Self-inspection Report (PDF)
- Fill out the Business Emergency Contact Form (PDF) to ensure the Coon Rapids Fire Department has accurate information for after hours emergencies.
- Email both forms to the Coon Rapids Fire Department (see the "submit" button located at the top right of each form
For Daycare Inspection
If you are interested in opening a daycare in your home, you must work with Anoka County Child Care Licensing.
The Coon Rapids Fire Department will complete a daycare fire inspection at your home once our department receives notification from Anoka County. This inspection fee is $50.
Please review the Daycare Fire Inspection Guidelines (PDF) prior to your inspection.