Tax Questions/What To Do

More Information

If you feel your property tax rates are too high there are things you can do:

  • Attend budget hearings held each year in November or December. The time and place of the meetings will be listed on your Truth-in-Taxation Notice which is mailed in November by Anoka County. 
  • If you think your property value or classification is incorrect, contact the Assessing Department. A phone call to the department could resolve or explain the concerns you may have.
  • If the Assessing Department cannot adequately resolve the situation, you may appeal. Information about the appeal process is outlined on the Notice of Valuation and Classification that is mailed to property owners each year in March or April by Anoka County.

To view a list of Assessment Staff, please visit the Staff Directory.